Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Wet Gift



When waves hit the coast, they are always there, screaming out for us to explore, however the inspiration to go and find them, is not always there. Why? I don't know, but I have an idea.

Let us look within.

Inspiration comes from a realm that is inside of us but not of us. It is this realm that surfaces and vanishes leaving us empty, sustained and hungry for more.
To perform music in front of people takes a lot of confidence and courage. To un-shackle ourselves from the limited perception, that our minds regularly fabricate on our being and to reveal that golden gift that is there, that is ever so patient. Are you ready to share to the world that gift? We all have that golden egg within us. It sits there, humbly, until it is freed by the power of inspiration.

Surfing gives that, it gives inspiration, Music gives that, It gives inspiration, Giving, It gives inspiration.

So when inspiration comes knocking, don't fuck around! ride that storm of creativity and awareness until your burnt out and almost dead.
Why?
Because what you would have given and shared will be of substance and real.
Surfing and music for me opens a porthole of potentiality.It gives clarity and shows reality for what it is!
Next time I play guitar, I will play until my fingers are bleeding and surf until my parking ticket expires because the outside doesn't matter when your on the inside!

Pour me another Mat'e and lets dance!


photo's: Lorien Waldron


No comments:

Post a Comment